Victoria Snellgrove, Director at Hays in Southampton, said: “With the increasing competition for experienced and skilled professionals, it has never been more important for organisations to consider what employees want to both attract and keep their staff.
“For employers in Southampton, offering competitive salaries alone is not enough to satisfy the needs of some staff. Investing in the learning and development of teams and making career prospects clear should be a priority for businesses going forwards. Employers should also promote the variety of work they have to offer and consider supporting professional training to attract skilled individuals looking to move. Some employers are realising this too late and being forced to increase salary and benefits packages to compete with offers from other organisations to try to entice their employees to stay.”
For further information on career opportunities in Southampton please contact Hays on 02382 020 104 or visit www.hays.co.uk
About the Hays UK Salary & Recruiting Trends 2016:
Data compiled using data gathered during 2015 from Hays offices across the UK, based on job listings, job offers and candidate registrations. Survey responses from 20,000 employers and employees from organisations of all sizes throughout the UK and over 170 responses from Southampton employees.
For further press information contact:
T: 0203 040 0282
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2015 the Group employed 9,420 staff operating from 248 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015:
– the Group reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million;
– the Group placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 41% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA