A recruitment consultant from Hays in Nottingham will brave a skydive from ten thousand feet as part of the company’s fundraising effort for its charity partner, Alzheimer’s Society.
Samantha Stirland, 26, will raise funds to help improve the lives of people with dementia and their carers by taking part in the sky dive on 30th June at Langar Aerodrome, Nottinghamshire.
Samantha says: “I decided to take part in this challenge for Alzheimer’s Society because the charity is incredibly close to my heart and I think more people should be made aware of the cause. I’m incredibly fortunate in my life and I feel I should give something to others in need, so try to raise awareness and funds for a charity at least once a year. It’s great to know that jumping out of that plane will help support people to live well with dementia today and fund research to find a cure for tomorrow.”
Colleagues at Hays and Samantha’s friends and family have been raising funds for the skydive which will help Hays staff reach a national target of £40,000, which the company will match. The money will be going towards the Hays Carers Fund, which will help to support some of the 600,000 family carers in the UK and Ireland.
Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive at Alzheimer’s Society, said: “We are delighted that Samantha is giving her time to support Alzheimer’s Society. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of people like Samantha to continue our vital work. Her fantastic efforts, along with fundraising by many of her colleagues at Hays, will help us champion the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them.”
To sponsor Samantha visit http://www.justgiving.com/samantha-stirland
Notes to editors:
About Alzheimer’s Society
• One in three people over 65 will die with dementia
• Alzheimer’s Society research shows that 750,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia, more than half have Alzheimer’s disease. In just ten years a million people will be living with dementia. This will soar to 1.7 million people by 2051
• Alzheimer’s Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them
• Alzheimer’s Society works in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
• Alzheimer's Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow. We rely on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate now by calling 0845 306 0898 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk
• Alzheimer’s Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0845 300 0336 or visit alzheimers.org.uk
Press Office 0207 423 3595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2012 the Group employed 7,810 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
• the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
• the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
• 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
• the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
• Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760