Cementing its presence in Reading, Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has marked its ongoing commitment to the area by launching a new office in the iconic Blade building. Over 50 expert consultants will be based on the Sixth Floor, at the Blade, Abbey Square in Reading. The official launch on Thursday 16th May is being marked with an event where Sir John Madejski will open the office. It will offer new facilities for Reading’s job hunters and organisations, such new training suites and event space.
Hays’ recruiting experts in Reading cover eight disciplines including finance, marketing, construction, human resources, procurement, IT, legal and office support. Our experts have seen an increase in demand in all of these areas over the last 12 months. In particular, they have seen an increase in demand for temporary and interim professionals, which has been partly fuelled by organisations hiring people on short term contracts before they commit to a permanent role. The new opportunities in recent months have ranged from senior executive roles for major corporations to office support staff in the region’s growing SME sector. Reading’s finance professionals with specialist skills in areas such as tax, treasury and corporate governance are particularly sought after, as organisations have to contend with increasing regulatory pressures.
Mark Sheldon, Managing Director of Hays in Reading, comments: “Reading has an exciting and competitive jobs market so employers and jobseekers need to be able to access recruitment experts who understand exactly where the opportunities are and have an extensive network of contacts in the area. We have seen the demand for skilled professionals in Reading steadily grow and we look forward to continuing to work closely with local employers in the year ahead.”
Sir John Madejski, comments: "I am delighted to be opening Hays’ new office in Reading. Hays’ commitment to the area sends a very strong message about the importance of Reading's economy to the Thames Valley area as a whole.”
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Reading office call 01189 070320
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760