A Director at Hays in Oxford will take on the challenge of climbing Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Western Europe, as part of the company’s fundraising effort for its charity of the year, Alzheimer’s Society.
Dan Rogers, from Milton-under-Wychwood, will raise funds to help improve the lives of people with dementia and their carers by climbing the 15,782 foot mountain on the 16 June.
Dan Rogers, Director at Hays in Oxford says: “Hays’ partnership with Alzheimer’s Society has been a real eye-opener for me. Coping with a family member who suffers with dementia must be a huge challenge and Alzheimer’s Society really focuses its efforts on helping families to cope. With two children of my own, I know how busy family life can be, so caring for someone with dementia on top of that must be enormously difficult. For that reason, it’s a real privilege to raise money for such a wonderful charity. There’s no doubt this will be a tough challenge but I know that every step I take towards the summit will help support people who live with dementia today and fund research to find a cure for tomorrow.”
Dan has so far raised nearly £3,500 through donations and fundraising events such as quiz nights, fancy dress parties and even putting on gigs with his local band, Ragged Edge. The funds Dan raises will help Hays staff reach a national target of £40,000, which the company will match. The money will go towards the Hays Carers Fund, which will help to support some of the 600,000 family carers in the UK and Ireland.
Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive at Alzheimer’s Society, said: “We are delighted that Dan is giving his time to support Alzheimer’s Society. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of people like Dan to continue our vital work. His fantastic efforts, along with fundraising by many of his colleagues at Hays, will help us champion the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them.”
To help Dan reach his target of raising at least £3,700 please call Hays in Oxford on 01865 250240 or visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DanRogers1.
Notes to editors:
About Alzheimer’s Society
• One in three people over 65 will die with dementia
• Alzheimer’s Society research shows that 750,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia, more than half have Alzheimer’s disease. In just ten years a million people will be living with dementia. This will soar to 1.7 million people by 2051
• Alzheimer’s Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them
• Alzheimer’s Society works in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
• Alzheimer's Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow. We rely on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate now by calling 0845 306 0898 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk
• Alzheimer’s Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0845 300 0336 or visit alzheimers.org.uk
Press Office 0207 423 3595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Editors
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2012 the Group employed 7,810 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
• the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
• the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
• 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
• the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
• Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760