Hays, the leading recruiting expert, won the ‘Innovation in Recruitment’ award at the Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2013, held at Grosvenor House Hotel, on 1 May 2013. Hays was recognised for the Hays Challenge, the world’s first online, interactive recruitment game, which introduces potential applicants to the world of recruitment.
James Cullens, Group HR Director, comments: “We are proud to be recognised for the success of the Hays Challenge, which has made a significant impact on the way we recruit. In the first twelve months since its launch nearly half a million people visited the new Hays careers site which hosts the Hays Challenge and over 40,000 individuals played the Hays Challenge in 190 countries from China to Colombia, reflecting Hays’ global footprint. The game challenges assumptions and pre-conceptions that many people may have held about the industry and we found that over 70 per cent of our applicants had completed the Challenge.”
To take the Hays Challenge visit www.hays-careers.com.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe &RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760