Optimism appears to be returning to public sector employment in Yorkshire, according to Hays, the leading recruiting expert. Recently, Hays has seen a pickup in demand for IT and finance specialists to work within the public sector as well as continued high demand for teachers. Opportunities are available at all levels as the public sector takes its first tentative steps back on the road to recovery.
Within education, teachers with experience in core subjects such as English, maths and science are in demand as well as those with skills and experience in specialist educational needs (SEN). Elsewhere, Hays has also seen the opportunities for senior level construction professionals increase, with the region’s construction project managers and engineers in growing demand.
Pam Lindsay-Dunn, Managing Director at Hays in Yorkshire comments, “In recent months, after a number of challenging years for the public sector, we have seen the demand for specialists in education, IT and finance start to pick up, but it’s still tough out there. The region’s employers will only hire the very best candidates and as a result they are prepared to wait for someone who completely fits the bill. This makes it is all the more important that professionals demonstrate they have the skills required and can really add value to an organisation. It is vital that people carefully understand the requirements of the job, reflect these in their CV and get advice from local recruiters.”
For more information about local job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Leeds office call 0113 243 8384.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760