Hays, the leading recruiting expert, hosted an education seminar in Leeds where 30 senior education leaders and teachers attended to discuss the themes around taking control of the education agenda. Estelle Morris, former education secretary and life peer, and John Dunford, Chair of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors and former General Secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders, spoke at the event.
During the seminar, Estelle Morris discussed whether the freedoms offered to schools are real or an illusion and how schools should respond to the weakening of the ‘middle layers’ in the education system. John Dunford spoke about the need for school leaders to find ways to innovate in partnership with other schools. He also suggested some of the ways that school leaders can use accountability creatively to move their schools forward.
Paul Matthias, Director for Hays Education in Leeds, said: “The event was a great success and we have received some very positive feedback from our clients who found the speakers inspiring and thought provoking. Hosting events with such high profile speakers allows us to provide added value to our clients and demonstrate our commitment to understanding the issues they face.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760