On 15th March, over 70 of West London, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire’s leading finance and business professionals will be meeting to discuss the qualities that make a great finance director and leadership development in a forum hosted by Hays Senior Finance, the leading recruiting expert. This forum is part of a larger focus from a network of local businesses on promoting and developing finance leaders in the Uxbridge, Windsor and Slough area.
Guest speakers include Paul Venables, Group Finance Director of Hays, Jane Mulholland, Head of Private Business Tax and Liz Anderton, Corporate Tax Manager of PwC and Brian Welch, Director at the Usercare Treasury Consultancy. The speakers will draw on their vast and varied experience to share their views on the qualities they believe typify excellence in a finance focused business leader, how SMEs deal with treasury issues and the hot topics in tax.
Paul Venables, Group Finance Director of Hays, comments: “It is great that we can provide a forum for local finance professionals to discuss the qualities that make an effective finance director. Organisations are increasingly recognising the critical role that the finance function plays in informing the strategic decisions that will define their success. In particular, we have found that companies are looking for business minded and commercially focused candidates who are able to drive change, improvements and add value to their potential employer.”
For further information about Hays Senior Finance visit hays.co.uk/seniorfinance
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760