As London’s SMEs look to put the challenges of recent years behind them, they are now focusing their attention on attracting the very best accountants to help them grow their business in the coming year, according to the Hays Accountancy & Finance Salary Guide 2013.
Salaries have remained steady in London with entry level roles such as payroll administrators and credit controllers earning up to £24,000. The Capital’s part-qualified accountants demand in the region of £28,000 to £35,000, while qualified finance managers in the SME sector can earn £50,000. At the more senior level, heads of department, such as a Head of Tax can command salaries of around £150,000 and London’s Audit Directors earn £90,000.
With the competition for these people so high in the Capital and salaries remaining static, employers are increasingly using a comprehensive benefits package to attract the top talent. In particular, accountants are now looking to their employers to provide financial support through their professional exams and this is now viewed as a vital benefit, with those employers offering the highest level of financial support securing the best professionals. A fifth (21%) of employers felt that offering financial training support had one of the greatest impacts when hiring new staff.
Chetan Patel, Director of Hays Accountancy & Finance in London, comments: "The market for accounting and finance roles is buoyant in London with legal and insurance employers, in particular, within SME sector looking for the very best people who can hit the ground running. As the competition for these individuals intensifies over the coming year, savvy accounting professionals are looking for employers who can help them progress their career with financial training support. Therefore, the Capital’s SMEs should clearly communicate all the benefits they have to offer to stand out from the crowd to attract the most talented people to help grow their business.”
About the Hays Accountancy & Finance salary guide 2013
The Hays Accountancy & Finance Salary Guide 2013 is compiled from a survey of 570 employers and 780 employees. To read the salary guide visit: www.hays.co.uk/finance-salary-guide/
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760