To help employers understand the challenges of pension auto-enrolment Hays, the leading recruiting expert, hosted a seminar in Newcastle in partnership with Barclays Corporate & Employer Solutions and NEST (National Employment Savings Trust).
The new legislation makes it compulsory for employers to enrol their eligible workers into a workplace pension scheme. The seminar helped local employers understand the implications of these changes and was attended by 100 local organisations and HR professionals.
Steve Heard, Director at Hays, said: “We know that many employers have questions about their responsibilities under the new legislation, particularly if they employ temporary or contract workers through a recruitment agency. We are confident that these seminars will help employers understand the requirements of the new legislation, and reassure them of the arrangements we have put in place for temporary workers employed by Hays. 1,300 employers have signed up to our UK-wide series of seminars so far, and 95% of those who have already attended now feel more confident about their preparation for auto-enrolment.”
At the seminar Mark Miller from Barclays Corporate & Employer Solutions explained the requirements of auto-enrolment as well as some of the challenges employers face in achieving a successful outcome to the project. He said: “The requirements of auto-enrolment may appear to some to be relatively straightforward, but as with much new legislation, the devil is in the detail. We are participating in these seminars to help companies get to grips with the importance of planning ahead as well as of viewing auto enrolment in the context of their wider employee benefits strategy.”
Nigel Pettinger, director of customer services at NEST which is the workplace pension scheme set up for automatic enrolment and designed to meet the needs of people who are new to pensions saving, explained the features of the scheme. Commenting on the success of the seminar, Nigel said “Whether employers plan to use an existing scheme or bring in a new one for some or all of their workers, they need to think about how to implement the necessary changes. This includes everything from organising data and systems to telling workers what’s happening. Being able to take part in seminars such as these gives us an opportunity to talk with employers and help them plan the process of meeting their duties.”
For more information on enrolling your temporary workers contact Pam Lindsay-Dunn at Hays in Leeds on 01132 003 711
For more information on NEST visit www.nestpensions.org.uk.
To discuss your requirements with Barclays Employee Benefits Consulting contact: Louise Pancott, Corporate Communications, Barclays, 020 3134 7303,
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe &RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760