A quarter (25%) of job hunters say they are likely to pick a new employer based on the attractiveness of their office, according to a survey from Hays, the leading recruiting expert. Tapping into this trend, some employers now offer a number of onsite social facilities, including pool tables, break out areas and bars and restaurants, all designed to attract and retain employees.
The survey also found just over half (56%) of people took a more pragmatic approach to their job search and said the office environment would be just one of the many things they would consider when looking for a new role, compared to 19% who said it was not important to them.
Steve Orr, Managing Director at Hays in London comments “With a younger generation entering the workplace, the aesthetics of a working environment is growing in importance for employees. Whilst a nice workplace is an added perk, it is more important to put the focus on the role itself and how it can develop your skills and experience. After all, a job you love can give you a real career boast compared to an attractive place to work, which will stand you in good stead in the long run.”
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk
About the survey
Survey results from an online poll of 754 visitors to hays.co.uk, collected in January and February 2013
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760