Cementing its presence in Swindon, Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has marked its ongoing commitment to the area by launching a new office in the city centre. Over a dozen expert consultants will be based in the office at Third Floor, SN1, Station Road, Swindon SN1 1DG. The official launch on Thursday 31st January is being marked with an event where the Mayor of Swindon, Councillor Mick Bray, will be speaking about employment in the area.
Hays’ recruiting experts in Swindon cover six disciplines including education, human resources, office support, accountancy and finance, senior finance and construction and property. Our experts have seen an increase in demand in all of these areas over the last 12 months. In particular, major projects such as the Swindon and Wiltshire regeneration programme have created demand for construction workers including roles from labourers to site managers. Newly qualified finance professionals are sought after as finance organisations are looking to add to their teams and supply teachers are also in demand as schools in the area increase their bank of teachers to provide cover.
Geoff Sims, Managing Director of Hays in Swindon, comments: “Swindon is an exciting marketplace, but it remains challenging so employers and jobseekers need to be able to access recruitment experts who understand exactly where the opportunities are and have an extensive network of contacts in the area. We look forward to continuing to work closely with local employers in the year ahead.”
Mayor of Swindon, Councillor Mick Bray, comments: "I am delighted to be launching Hays’ new office in Swindon. Hays’ commitment to the area sends a very strong message about the importance of Swindon's economy to the South West as a whole.”
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Swindon office call 01793 688611.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760