With rising numbers of employment tribunal cases in recent years, Hays, the leading recruiting experts, hosted a mock employment tribunal in partnership with Forbes Solicitors to help local organisations understand how best to prepare for tribunals. Over 80 representatives from local businesses attended the event held in January in Preston.
The aim of the mock tribunal was to show business leaders and HR professionals from the public and private sectors how to minimise the risk of tribunal claims, improve preparation for tribunals and enhance their chances of successfully defending tribunal claims. The mock tribunal demonstrated a case of alleged discrimination during the recruitment process.
Jeff Taylor, Director for Hays in Preston, comments: “Up-to-date information about the latest changes to employment law isn’t always easy to find, understand and then translate for your business. This event provided an excellent opportunity for employers and HR professionals to work together to understand what is involved in, and how to effectively manage, an employment tribunal.”
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Preston office, call 01772 889229.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760