Hays is pleased to announce that Nigel Heap has been appointed to the CBI London Council. He will play a key role in determining policy decisions on specific London issues, as well as providing input into national CBI policy.
The CBI London Council meets four times a year to support wider CBI initiatives and is a core part of the CBI’s policy formulation and consultation process. As a member of the London Council, Nigel will use his extensive business expertise to provide strategic advice to the CBI on the issues concerning the capital’s businesses. He will also input into the CBI’s major policy announcements as well as supporting their lobbying activity.
Nigel Heap, Managing Director of Hays UK & Ireland says, “London is a region rich in possibilities and I will be speaking on behalf of our clients and candidates to ensure that policy at all levels supports and promotes their needs at a critical time. It is essential that we attract investment to the area to create jobs and business opportunities to help stimulate economic growth. I look forward to working with all CBI member companies for the benefit of the region as a whole.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821