Golf and the City’s workers go hand in hand, yet women are often side lined from this traditional networking opportunity. In today’s businesses where networking is at the top of the agenda for many professionals – whether to learn new skills, keep up with industry trends, develop new contacts or find out about new opportunities - Hays is helping to ensure that women can benefit too and stopping golf from being the preserve of male City workers.
Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has teamed up with City Golf to launch a Golf for the Girls networking programme aimed specifically at women. The participants will have access to the facilities at City Golf on Coleman Street at the invite-only launch event on 6th November. Following a programme of tutorials and practice rounds, the inaugural Women’s Golf Day will take place in May 2013 at a world-class golfing venue.
Georgina Casas, Director at Hays, comments: “This is a unique event that allows women to learn to play this male dominated sport and network with their peers at the same time. Helping women to make inroads into senior positions is at the top of the agenda for all the companies we talk to in the City and our Golf for the Girls programme is already generating a lot of excitement and interest. We’ve no doubt that before long they’ll be taking on their colleagues and tapping into the extended network that sports like golf often offer.”
For further information contact Hays on 020 3465 0023
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA