According to Hays Life Sciences, the leading recruiting expert, many high tech pharmaceutical start-ups have sprung up in the North West and are looking to add to their workforce. The growth of these smaller organisations is now challenging the established companies in attracting highly skilled professionals.
The pharmaceuticals industry has a long history in the North West with a number of large multinational companies basing their manufacturing operations in the region. In addition, Hays has seen the growing trend of the large pharmaceutical companies partnering with the start-ups, which has increased the competition between companies to secure the right skills for their business. In response to this trend, Hays Life Sciences has established a new team to provide essential support to pharma professional. This expert team has unparalleled insight into the pharma industry and are available to provide specialist career advice and discuss job opportunities in City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester.
David Nixon, Director of Hays Life Sciences in Manchester, comments “The excellent transport links, outstanding universities, affordable office and laboratory space is fast making the North West an attractive place to do business. This is particularly true for the growing number of start-ups in the region. Qualified pharma professionals with experience in regulatory affairs, bioscience and can couple this with commercial acumen are in demand. Our new expert life sciences team in Manchester offers these professionals the opportunity to discuss the exciting career opportunities available to them.”
For further information please contact Hays Life Sciences on 0161 871 8028 or visit Hays Life Sciences
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2011, the Group employed 7,988 staff operating from 247 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
– the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £114 million;
– the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821