Judy Willett from Grays in Essex has triumphed in theExecutive PA Magazine \ Hays Awards 2012,being named the country’s top PA in recognition of her achievements supporting Lord Harris of Peckham in his role as Chairman of Carpetright and his wider commitments in business and the community.
Judy was announced as the winner at the Executive PA Magazine | Hays Awards gala dinner celebration at the London Film Museum, on the 13 September, and will soon be jetting off for a luxury break at Le Meridien Al Agah Beach Resort in Fujairah and Al Maha in Dubai.
Judy Willett says: “I’m delighted to have won PA of the Year and I hope I can show that the role of the PA is not just a support role, it’s a career that can be moulded and shaped with hard work and commitment to your boss and the company you work for. I’ve worked for Lord Harris and Carpetright for over twenty years and I love the variety of the work that I am involved in on a day to basis. I’m involved with every facet of Lord Harris’ life which includes Carpetright, Arsenal Football Club, and the nineteen Harris Federation academies. Most recently this has included his interest is in showjumping, and his horse has just won a gold medal in the Olympics.”
The first runner up in the PA of the Year category was Helen Hawkes PA to Chief Executive, Charles Wace at Twofour Group, with second runner up Alison Boler, PA to Controller of Acquisitions, Rights & Regulatory; Head of Commercial Affairs Sport & Drama; Head of Commercial Affairs Factual, Daytime & Current Affairs at ITV Network Limited.
Jane Firth, Director at Hays PA & Secretarial, comments: “A huge congratulations to Judy and to all the finalists. Judy is an example of just how varied and exciting this career can be, as she supports Lord Harris in all aspects of his personal and professional life. Choosing a winner from the highly competitive group of finalists was a real challenge, but Judy is a very worthy winner of the title.”
Andrew Organ, Editor, Executive PA magazine adds: “This was as tough as I've seen it get - in both the PA and Newcomer of the Year categories. The calibre of finalists was quite extraordinary and it's not surprising that we had to take extra time debating who should win. After much deliberation it was unanimous that Judy Willet truly deserved the title. Congratulations to her and to all our 2012 winners.’
The other winners at the awards were:
· Newcomer of the Year: Debbie McGibbon, Personal Assistant – Managed Offices at Instant
· Employer of the Year (sponsored by Brother): Capital One
· Boss of the Year (sponsored by Corporate Traveller): Phil Jones from HJ Heinz
· Best Organised Event (sponsored by LFM Venues and Events): Catherine Strong from NHS Improvement
The decision was made by the judging panel of: Jane Firth, Director at Hays PA & Secretarial; Victoria Darragh, EA to Group HR Director; Hays Andrew Organ, Publisher, Executive PA Magazine (UK); Cora Lydon, Editor, Executive PA Magazine; and guest speaker Katie Clifford, EA to Jacqueline Gold, CEO of Ann Summers.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 30 June 2012 the Group employed 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2012:
– the Group reported net fees of £734 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £128 million;
– the Group placed around 55,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 33% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 36% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA
For further press information, images and interviews with previous winners please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821