Hays, the leading global professional recruiting group, today announces the launch of its operation in Chile, the next key phase in its Latin America strategy, which expands its presence to 32 countries worldwide.
Mark Bowden, Managing Director of Southern Europe & Latin America, comments; “This is a really exciting opportunity for us to further establish our contingency specialist recruitment business model in a country that has huge potential for Hays. As part of our value proposition, this will enable us to further leverage our scale and deliver services across a huge swathe of Latin America via our growing office network in four countries.”
Hays provides dedicated client and industry expertise, proven candidate attraction techniques and technologies, which are supported by an international capability and in-depth local knowledge. The focus in Chile will be on the permanent and middle and senior management market, initially offering its specialist expertise to employers and jobseekers in the following industry sectors: Engineering, Finance, IT, Mining and Retail.
Hays Chile will be managed by Giordano Righi, who brings a wide range of specialist recruitment experience, having assumed key managerial positions within Hays Germany’s Permanent, Temporary and Contracting business divisions. Having started his career with Ascena (which became part of the Hays Group in 2003), Giordano was most recently responsible for setting up and rolling out our Permanent Engineering division in Düsseldorf, Berlin, Hamburg and Munich.
Righi adds; “These sectors closely tie in with the nature of the Chilean economy, which has a strong technical skills base. Although Chile is a smaller economy than our other countries in the region, it is extremely stable due to the country’s mineral wealth, copper being its biggest export. The capital city, accounts for almost half the country’s GDP, so this will be our target market.”
Hays already has an established presence in Latin America, having first set up in Brazil (2006), followed by country openings in Mexico and Colombia (both in 2011).
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2011, the Group employed 7,988 staff operating from 247 offices in 32 countries across 20 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2011:
– the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £114 million;
– the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.
For more information, please contact:
Kathryn Jones, Hays
T: 0207 259 8821