With the start of a new year, many people are thinking about how to take the next step in their career. Hays, the leading recruiting expert, will be hosting a career clinic offering practical advice in the education, engineering, construction, financial services and accountancy and finance industries. The career clinic has been organised in response to increased demand for these professionals, in particular account assistants, civil and structural engineers and special needs teachers.
Expert consultants from Hays will be on hand to provide guidance on CV writing, interview techniques, salary benchmarks, job searching methods and will give presentations on how to sell yourself to potential employers. They will also be able to offer specific advice to individuals who book appointments on Wednesday 25th January at 30a The Broadway Centre, Hammersmith, between 8am – 8pm with the career clinic being held from 3.30pm – 7pm.
Robert Fry, Director at Hays, comments: “We are looking forward to holding the career clinic in Hammersmith. It is a fantastic opportunity for professionals to find out about the exciting opportunities available as well as share our insight into the recruitment market. It is clearly a competitive market, however we are still receiving large volumes of local organisations seeking staff that can make a difference to their businesses. With this in mind jobseekers need to make sure they are best placed to find not just a new job but the right job and we hope that people will use the career clinics as an opportunity to tap into our expertise.”
Hays Hammersmith office:
30a The Broadway Centre
3.30 Presentation on CV writing
5.00 Interview techniques
6.30 Industry presentation how to build a successful career
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Hammersmith office call 020 8563 8181.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2011, the Group employed 7,620 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
- the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit** of £114 million;
- the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the United Kingdom and the USA.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821