Last week, over 60 of Suffolk’s leading finance and business professionals met to discuss topical issues at an event hosted by Hays, the recruiting expert. The event was held at Ipswich Town Football Club and included representatives from leading local businesses.
Speakers included Danny Crates, Paralympic, European and World Champion, Craig Douglas Assurance Director at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Dan Betts, Director at Focus Integrated and Phillip King, Chief Executive Officer at The Institute of Credit Management. Topics discussed included the regional economic and business climate, the importance of delivering cash for business, the real relevance of social media for business today and a motivating talk from Danny.
The attendee’s opinions were polled during the event, enabling us to gage important regional insight and also compare and contrast against opinions polled at last year’s event that took place on the day of the comprehensive spending review. The poll revealed that 69% of attendees believed that their business had planned inward investment into Suffolk over the next five years. Other results include: 73% felt supported by their bank during challenging times compared to just 61% last year; 58% plan to increase staff numbers within the next 12 months compared to 50% last year and 81% feel their organisation has seen positive growth in business activity within the last six months, compared to just 64% this time last year.
Karen Young, Regional Director at Hays Senior Finance, comments: "It is great that we were able to provide a forum for Suffolk’s business leaders to discuss topical issues, best practice, ideas and knowledge. The event saw representatives from a cross-range of businesses across Suffolk, many of whom will play a key part in job creation in this region for skilled professional staff. Local professionals were able to network and share thoughts on topical business subjects – this knowledge-sharing is pivotal to developing ongoing economic growth in what is still a difficult and challenging business climate in the East of England region, as it is across the UK.”
For further information about Hays Senior Finance please call or visit www.hays.co.uk/seniorfinance
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2011, the Group employed 7,620 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
- the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit** of £114 million;
- the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the United Kingdom and the USA.
For further press information please contact:
Emma Price or Kathryn Jones
T. 020 7259 8821