A local student at Oxford Brookes University has beaten off strong competition to win a top prize. Jack Biggerstaff who lives in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire recently completed his final year including a work placement with Leadbitter Group and won the Best Industrial Placement Experience Award, which is sponsored by Hays, the world’s leading recruiting expert in qualified, professional and skilled people.
The purpose of the award is to promote, recognise and reward excellence in the field of construction management. Hays Construction recently attended a prizegiving ceremony at the University to present vouchers and a framed certificate to the proud student.
Dan Rogers, Director at Hays says: “This prize is a small step to reward the next generation for their hard work. Not only is it great to support students to pursue a career in construction management, but we would also encourage students to explore the many employment opportunities that exist locally.”
For further information contact Hays in Luton on 01582 411 788 or visit www.hays.com/construction
Hays plc is the leading global specialist recruitment group. It is market leader in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. As at 31 December 2010, the Group employed 7,086 staff operating from 257 offices in 30 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit before exceptional items of £80.5 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees; and
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, USA and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821