Hays, the world’s leading recruiting expert in qualified, professional and skilled people, has marked its ongoing commitment to the City by launching a new office. Over 500 expert consultants will be based in the office on Cheapside. Hays’ recruiting experts will cover a variety of disciplines, from HR, marketing, life sciences and legal to finance, alongside banking. The official launch is being marked with a client event where John Torode, who is currently filming the next series of MasterChef, will be entertaining guests with cookery demonstrations throughout the evening.
Royston Hoggarth, Managing Director of Hays UK & Ireland, comments: “The City is a unique marketplace and employers and jobseekers need to be able to access consultants who understand exactly how it works and who the key players are. By being based right in the thick of it we can ensure that our customers can benefit from this knowledge.
Having so many consultants under one roof in the heart of the City demonstrates a significant and ongoing investment in this market, plus it will allow us to share best practice and capitalise on opportunities across our different business areas. There can be no denying that the City remains a challenging environment, but that isn’t to say it doesn’t still provide some incredibly exciting opportunities and we are pleased that with our new flagship office we will continue to be a key part of this.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2011, the Group employed 7,620 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
- the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit** of £114 million;
- the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the United Kingdom and the USA.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821