On Thursday 30 June, Croydon Central MP, Gavin Barwell presented certificates to 20 delighted participants of Hays Social Housing and AmicusHorizon’s Job Seeking Skills Programme. Around 50 residents and guests celebrated their achievements at Grosvenor House, Croydon.
Hays Social Housing, the leading recruiting expert, has teamed up with AmicusHorizon, London and Quadrant (L&Q), Viridian, Hastoe and Croydon Churches Housing Associations, in a unique public private partnership to help Croydon residents get into work. AmicusHorizon and their partnering housing associations are dedicated to improving the quality of life of their residents and joined force with Hays to run its job seekers programme. It has already secured employment for several participants and improved the employability and welfare of many others.
Mr Barwell said, “I’m delighted to present certificates and celebrate residents’ achievements. I’m pleased to see AmicusHorizon and their partners working so effectively and successfully together”.
The three-month programme was set up because local people need support in gaining employment. It commenced in March with introductory seminars and a series of one-to-one career coaching sessions. Participants also attended six specialist career workshops, run by leading recruiting experts at Hays, which taught them how to sell themselves, how to write a successful CV and best practice interview tips. Residents were also given access to a ground breaking on-line career programme, which was developed by Hays specifically for AmicusHorizon and partners.
AmicusHorizon resident, Rose Hunter said: “I’ve learned so much from being on the programme such as CV writing, interviewing and presentation skills. The programme’s brilliant!”
Andy Cook, Manager at Hays Career Transition Services, comments: “This partnership is a fantastic way of supporting Croydon residents into employment and is essential in such a tough economic climate. To date, all of the participants have completed placements within local businesses and are now working with us to establish personalised long-term career plans. Whilst the support is ongoing, we have already achieved outstanding results as some residents have already secured employment and we are hoping the rest will shortly follow.”
Alma Haq, Resident Involvement Manager at AmicusHorizon, comments: “This is the second time we have run a job seeking skills programme with Hays, and once again all partners are extremely pleased at its progress. We’re delighted how committed participants are and the support from local businesses. Hays is working really hard to ensure residents are equipped to find employment for the long term and i‘s great residents know help is at hand.”
Hays Social Housing is part of Hays plc (the "Group") the leading global specialist recruiting group. It is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. It operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
The Group employs over 6,700 staff operating from 345 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2009:
- the Group had revenues of £2.4 billion, net fees of £670.8 million and operating profit of £158.0 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 300,000 people into temporary assignments;
- the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821
- AmicusHorizon is one of the largest housing associations in South East
- England, with 28,000 homes in Kent, East Sussex, Sussex West Surrey and South London
- With assets of £638m, an annual turnover of £153m and reserves that total £57 million AmicusHorizon is a strong regional housing association
- AmicusHorizon currently have 280 new homes on site or in contract to build across the region.
For more information please contact Alison Millen, Communications Services Officer on 01795 434386 or email Alison.Millen@amicushorizon.org.uk