Following a staff vote, Hays UK, the leading recruiting expert, has announced that its new charity partner is Alzheimer’s Society. Hays employees will spend the next year raising money in a number of ways, including various sporting challenges such as Memory Marathon walks and runs, national fundraisers where consultants pay to dress casually, quiz nights, raffles and cake sales. Hays has also agreed to match employees’ fundraising efforts by up to £40,000 at the end of the year.
Alzheimer's Society is the leading support and research charity for people with dementia, their families and carers. There are 750,000 people with dementia in the UK and numbers are set to rise to one million by 2021. The Society's fight for a better world for people with all types of dementia takes a wide range of forms. Through a network of local services, the Society provides practical services and support for people with dementia and their carers.
Charles Logan, Director at Hays says: “We’re delighted to be supporting Alzheimer’s Society in providing vital information and critical support to thousands of family carers who have been affected by dementia. We raised over £280,000 for our last charity partner, Action for Children, through quiz nights, cake sales, dress down days and a recent trek in Kilimanjaro. We always aim high and look forward to helping raise money over the course of the year for Alzheimer’s Society.”
Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive at Alzheimer’s Society comments: “We’re thrilled that Hays chose us as a new charity partner. Alzheimer's Society is the leading dementia charity and partnering with Hays will help us move one step closer to defeating dementia. Anyone can get dementia and the numbers are increasing. There will be over 1million people with the disease in ten years time. The money that we raise makes a real difference to people with dementia and their carers and we are so pleased to have Hays supporting us in our efforts.”
Hays plc is the leading global specialist recruitment group. It is market leader in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. As at 31 December 2010, the Group employed 7,086 staff operating from 257 offices in 30 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit before exceptional items of £80.5 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees; and
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, USA and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821
About Alzheimer’s Society:
- One in three people over 65 will die with dementia
- Alzheimer’s Society research shows that 750,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia, more than half have Alzheimer’s disease. In just ten years a million people will be living with dementia. This will soar to 1.7 million people by 2051
- Alzheimer’s Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them
- Alzheimer’s Society works in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Alzheimer's Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow. We rely on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate now by calling 0845 306 0898 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk
- Alzheimer’s Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0845 300 0336 or visit alzheimers.org.uk.
T. 0207 423 3595