Local contact centres in Birmingham are experiencing a shortage of customer service agents, according to Hays Contact Centres, the leading recruiting expert. Over the last few months, local employers have become more confident about the market and have started to actively look for professionals such as collections advisors and call centre operatives to join their call centres. However, there is currently a lack of local people with relevant customer service experience to fill these positions.
According to the Hays Contact Centres 2011 Salary Survey, a customer services call handler can earn up to £16,000 per year in the Midlands. The research also found that more than half (54 per cent) of employers who intend to create jobs in 2011 expect to encounter further skills shortages. Four in 10 (39 per cent) anticipate having to take pre-emptive action to ward off competition for the best people from other contact centres.
Hannah Pearsall, Director at Hays Contact Centres, comments: “Despite ongoing difficulties in the employment market there are still opportunities for jobseekers in Birmingham. Individuals with relevant experience of dealing with customers or working towards sales targets should speak with one of our consultants who will be able to provide further insight into current vacancies as well as invaluable careers advice.”
For more information contact Hays Contact Centres on 0121 212 2019 or visit www.hays.co.uk/contactcentres.
Hays Contact Centres is part of Hays plc the leading global specialist recruitment group. It is market leader in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe.
As at 31 December 2010, the Group employed 7,086 staff operating from 257 offices in 30 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit before exceptional items of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees; and
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, USA and the United Kingdom
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821