Hays Education, the leading recruiting expert, has chosen Carmel Spellicy as Southampton’s Top Temporary Worker. The award, which was presented to Carmel, is in recognition of her work as a teacher. Carmel says: “I have enjoyed teaching the children at Queens Park; I have been made to feel very welcome by everyone, from the Head, the teachers, office and support staff. I have been very well supported and I feel that I am appreciated.”
“Thank you Carmel for all the work you have done for us, in particular for being so flexible and sticking with us through our Ofsted. Thanks from everyone at QPJ,” says Dominic Sibeth, Headteacher at Queens Park Junior School in Bournemouth.
Mike Barnes, Senior Consultant at Hays Education, comments: “We are pleased to be able to recognise the vital role that temporary staff play in educational institutions. Temporary work offers independence, flexibility, variety and the opportunity to learn something new and meet new people. In the current economic climate, it is allowing employers to be flexible with their staffing and adapt to the challenging environment.”
For further information on local recruitment opportunities please contact Hays Education on 02380 632422 or visit www.hays.co.uk/education.
Hays plc is the leading global specialist recruitment group. It is market leader in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe.
As at 31 December 2010, the Group employed 7,086 staff operating from 257 offices in 30 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- The Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit before exceptional items of £80.5 million;
- The Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- The temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees; and
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, USA and the United Kingdom
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821