Speakers include Andy Taylor, Senior Business Manager at Hays, who will look at how the growth of virtual communities has revolutionised the way many people stay in touch, do business and network with potential employers and employees. Andy will also take a practical look at the impact of social networking websites on the workplace. Alongside debating the benefits and pitfalls of this new virtual networking world, he will discuss the use of social media in recruitment and how it can be used to enhance and complement existing recruitment processes.
Last year, a survey by Hays revealed that nearly half of UK professionals use social networking sites regularly in a professional capacity and 60% are aware that employers use them to research potential recruits. But interestingly, a large number (48%) of employees questioned are not concerned about the potential implications their presence on social networking sites may have on their careers.
Andy Taylor comments: "It is great that we can provide a forum for Glasgow professionals to discuss topical issues, best practice, ideas and knowledge. Attendees will also be able to network and share thoughts on important topics such as how you can protect your business from social media misuse by your employees."
For further information about Hays, visit www.hays.co.uk/scotland
Hays plc is the leading global specialist recruitment group. It is market leader in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe.
As at 31 December 2010, the Group employed 7,086 staff operating from 257 offices in 30 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit before exceptional items of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees; and
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, USA and the United Kingdom
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821