Jenny Ward, National Business Manager at Hays Education, says: “With youth unemployment reaching an all time high we need to take action now – it’s a reality that the earlier we reach young people and educate them about the world of work the better. We need to support schools so that they are able to help young people make the right study choices and plan for their future career before it’s too late.”
The new DVD primary Ignition course, aimed at helping Year 6 students transition into secondary school, allows teachers to show pupils how their journey through education transcends into the world of work and instills in them the self-confidence to make the right decisions. The full Hays Ignition programme is available to school children in Year Three up to Year Thirteen, helping them gain an understanding of the value of work, why it improves quality of life and how to choose a suitable career.
Jenny Ward adds: “For the last three years we have been working hard with schools and our new DVD programme enables teachers to independently show their primary students how doing well at school will give them more career options later. The public sector is still going through unprecedented change, and budgets are constantly being cut; using this interactive tool enables schools to take an active role in raising aspirations of their young people at the earliest stages, where it can have a real impact.”
For further information contact the Hays Ignition team on 0121 236 7933 or visit: www.hays.co.uk/ignition
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821