Claire Fowler, Head of PR at Hays, has recently returned from climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and commented: “Action for Children is an extremely worthwhile charity and they are all working hard to raise as much money as possible. I climbed Kilimanjaro at Christmas and am pleased that my colleagues will be following in my footsteps this Summer. It is incredibly challenging, but reaching the top is an amazing feeling and I wish them all the best of luck.”
Joseph Howes, Corporate Fundraising Manager at Action for Children, says, "We are delighted that Hays staff have chosen to climb Kilimanjaro for us. Neglect blights the lives of too many children across the country and Hays' support really will make a huge difference. The team is undertaking this remarkable challenge, helping us to transform the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the UK."
To donate please visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/HAYSplc
For further information about Hays please visit www.hays.co.uk
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821
Action for Children Notes to Editor
• Action for Children is the new name for NCH, the children’s charity, one of the UK’s leading children’s charities, which was established in 1869
• Action for Children helps over 156,000 children, young people and their families across the UK. Of these, over 86,000 are children and young people.
• For further information visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk