The first issue looks at shifting talent pools, subsequent skill shortages and the need to anticipate and manage the long-term flux of talent supply in a globalised economy. It also considers employer branding, what global companies are doing to strengthen it, and the role of social media in recruitment. There is also an extensive interview with Alex Wilson, Group HR Director at BT, who looks at how HR can become a true strategic business partner.
Alistair Cox, CEO of Hays plc, said ”Recruiting and retaining the very best people is always a key priority for any business, and the task of finding the right people and setting a future proof-people strategy is becoming increasingly complex. As a leading global recruiting agency we have an in-depth understanding of the challenges faced by our clients and we wanted to share our insight and thoughts and stimulate debate on these important issues.”
Hays worked with leading contract publisher Wardour on the Hays Journal and the articles were written by leading HR/professional services journalists.
To view a copy of the Hays Journal go to www.hays.com
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 30 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE , United Kingdom and the United States.
For further press information please contact:
Freida Moore, Hays
T. 020 7391 6652