Gaelle Blake, Head of Career Transitions at Hays, says: “As the competition for jobs increases candidates need to do all they can to make sure they stand out and demonstrate that are the right person for the job. We are not taught the skills required to find a job and it’s not just a case of writing a CV or performing well in an interview, there is now much more to consider such as online branding and networking.
“We have successfully secured work for job seekers during these difficult economic times and know what they need to do to be successful – the online portal offers tailored advice from specialist recruitment experts, on how they can get ahead in their industry. Employers will only hire the best and they are prepared to wait for someone who fits the job specification, which makes it all the more important for professionals to demonstrate that they have the skills required and how they can really add value to the business. Understand the competencies organisations require, reflect these in your CV and interview and you stand a very good chance of getting the job.
“We see so many professionals who have fantastic experience and skills but they have real difficulty demonstrating this to employers. Hays Career Skills has been developed to help candidates understand what employers are looking for and think about how best to demonstrate they are the most suitable person for the job. It includes detailed training videos giving individuals invaluable practice at competency based interviewing, advice on how to approach assessment centres and tips on how to manage their online brand.”
Hays Career Skills offers online interactive tailored advice to jobseekers. Modules include:
• How to build a relationship with your recruiter?
• Managing your online brand.
• Networking skills.
• Understanding competencies.
For more information visit: http://careerskills.hays.com/
Notes to editors:
• The new careers tool, Career Skills, is aimed to help professionals find a job and takes individuals through ten modules. These focus on: CV writing; Cover letters; Competencies; Assessment centres; Interviews; Job search; Recruiter relations; Networking; Online branding; and Salary negotiation.
• Annual access to Career Skills costs £49 and represents great value for money as the training modules and additional content is being constantly updated to reflect the changing market conditions.
• Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
Emma Price or Alex Tucker
T. 020 7259 8821