Michelle Mone OBE, who is the founder & co-owner of MJM International and creator of Ultimo, the UK’s leading designer lingerie brand, is listed as one of the top three female entrepreneurs in the UK and was recently voted the number one woman in business by Glamour Magazine. Michelle says: “I look forward to meeting the UK’s top PA. It is important that we recognise those who are doing an excellent job and make some well-deserved noise about it. People don’t quite appreciate how demanding the role of PA can be, so it's fantastic that Hays PA & Secretarial is throwing the limelight their way. I predict that there will be a huge number that deserve consideration.”
This year’s judges include; Susie Barron-Stubley, Managing Director of Castalia, the coaching and training company, Gareth Osborne, Director General of the Association for Personal Assistants (APA), Laura Richardson, last year's winner, and Geoff Sims, Managing Director of Hays PA & Secretarial. The winner will enjoy the prestige that comes with winning this highly regarded award as well as five night break for two in Prague, courtesy of Portman Travel.
Geoff Sims, Managing Director at Hays PA & Secretarial, comments: “As directors continue to battle with a challenging economy, it is the hard work PAs do behind the scenes that allows them to get on with their jobs. We are looking for a top PA who can prove their dedication to the job and demonstrate how their pro-active attitude has had a positive impact on the business. Managers might want to nominate their PA by way of thanks for their hard work during what has been a difficult couple of years. I wish all of the applicants the best of luck.”
A personal assistant or executive assistant can enter themselves or be entered by their boss or colleague. Entrants must have worked in the same role for at least three months on either a temporary or permanent basis. For further information visit: www.hays.co.uk/secretarial
Hays PA & Secretarial is part of Hays plc (the "Group") the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821