Caitlin was chosen due to her enthusiasm and commitment to raising money for Sight Savers, a charity organisation which raises money for people with sight problems in Africa. Caitlin approached the head teacher directly and managed to help organise a non-uniform day in school, which saw pupils paying £1 each to dress casually and decorating their own wacky glasses to wear on the day.
Clare Lawrence, Senior Consultant at Hays Education, says: “We are proud to partner with Christ Church CE Primary School to sponsor this award. The school has so far raised over £150 sight Savers and we congratulate Caitlin for her enthusiastic fundraising efforts, it is great to see someone so young taking the time to help others. We look forward to continuing to work closely with the school in the future.”
Mrs Janine Probbing, Caitlin’s mother, says: “The money raised is in addition to the £70 Caitlin previously raised herself. Her aim is to buy a Braille machine for a child to use in class in a poorer country.”
Marie Szydlowska, Headteacher at Christ Church CE Primary School, comments, “We are very pleased to have been able to support Caitlin's fundraising idea. She has shown great initiative and commitment to her goal of doing something practical to support the less fortunate in the world - a true global citizen."
For further information on local recruitment opportunities please contact Hays Education on 0151 236 1616 or visit www.hays.co.uk/education
Hays Education is part of Hays plc (the "Group") the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821