The three-year contract was awarded following a competitive tender process. All permanent roles for Santander’s retail branches nationwide will be provided by Hays. The RPO solution will include a full range of resourcing services including employer branding, candidate sourcing, recruitment process management and assessment & selection delivery.
“Santander relies upon attracting and retaining the highest quality talent and it is imperative we work with the best RPO providers in order to achieve this. Following an extensive evaluation of our business we revised our RPO model and were looking for partners who were going to be innovative in their approach to our recruitment. We have worked in partnership with Hays for a number of years and are extremely confident in their ability to support our business needs” Cameron Bird, Director – HR Operations, Santander UK.
Les Duncan, Managing Director of Hays Corporate Accounts, said: “As market leaders we are both serious about the benefits of RPO and the support it can offer a business like Santander. Companies want to tap in to the skills of an outsourcer that can offer streamlined and efficient processes in a bespoke manner. We already have extensive experience working with them and so understand their requirements and they were impressed by the flexibility we showed in our solutions.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821