Action for Children is one of the UK's largest children's charities working with over 156,000 children, young people and their families at around 420 projects across the UK. Action for Children is committed to transforming the lives of the most vulnerable children and young people, helping them break through injustice, deprivation and inequality so as they can achieve their full potential.
Jan Bradshaw, Business Manager at Hays, says: “Local events like this, along with other individual efforts, will help us reach our fundraising target. We are proud to support such a fantastic charity and will continue to raise money locally and involve the support of the community where ever possible. We all had a great time and my congratulations go out to Team Bulley Davey for being the overall winner.”
Joseph Howes, Corporate Fundraising Manager at Action for Children, said: “These valuable funds will help Action for Children continue working to break cycles of neglect. We aim to raise £17 million over the next three years to tackle the growing problem of neglect in the UK, which studies show affects up to 10% of children - or nearly 1.5 million children.”
For further information contact Hays on 01733 346277or visit www.hays.co.uk.
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
About Action for Children
Action for Children is one of the UK's largest children's charities working with over 156,000 children, young people and their families at around 420 projects across the UK. Previously known as NCH, Action for Children is committed to helping the most vulnerable children and young people break through injustice, deprivation and inequality so they can achieve their full potential. For further information visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821