The main speaker was John Ryan, Chairman of Doncaster Rovers FC, who gave an overview of the football industry in modern times. John shared his experiences of Doncaster going to Wembley, securing back-to-back promotions, moving to a new modern football stadium and improving youth facilities. John put his experience in the context of the financial pressures and requirements of running a football club, which he added was more rewarding than profitable.
Nicola Dobbs, Business Director at Hays Senior Finance, comments: “The evening was thoroughly enjoyable and John Ryan's views on finance in football were both informative and entertaining. The local community is a key focus for the club and they aim to remain a success story for Doncaster for years to come.”
Laura Whiting, Head of Commercial at Doncaster Rovers, comments: “A successful evening with John Ryan providing a very candid but humorous view on finance in football. It was great to see senior finance professionals taking something away from the evening.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821