Speakers included Alex Brigginshaw, Corporate Director at Barclays Plc, Matthew Potter, Partner and Head of Employment Law at Ashton Graham Solicitors, Ian White, Finance Director at Active Assistance and Karen Pickering MBE, Olympic Swimmer. Topics discussed included the coalition government’s approach to regulation and its effect on local relationships between businesses and banks and the role of a commercial finance director.
The attendee’s opinions were polled during the event, enabling us to gage important regional insight. The polls revealed that 67% of attendees believed that their business had planned inward investment into Suffolk over the next five years. Other results included: 61% felt supported by their bank during challenging times; 61% feel the economy is on the mend; 50% had plans to increase staff numbers within the next 12 months and 64% felt their organisation had seen positive growth in business activity within the last six months.
Karen Young, Regional Director at Hays Senior Finance, comments: "It is great that we could provide a forum for Suffolk’s finance professionals to discuss topical issues, best practice, ideas and knowledge. We have been in a transactional period over the last couple of years but leaders are now turning to transformational leadership so they can drive their companies out of recession. Local finance professionals were able to network and share thoughts on this topic, which is pivotal to developing and progressing the real entrepreneurs of business."
For further information please visit Hays Senior Finance.
Hays Senior Finance, is part of Hays plc (the "Group") the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821