Roop Bhumbra, Strategic Director at Hays Education, comments: “The nominees are put through a rigorous judging process both regionally and then nationally, making it a fantastic result for both Julie and Churnet View Middle School. We are proud to sponsor this award as it rewards and recognises outstanding and hard working technicians such as Julie.”
Julia Turner, Headteacher at Churnet View Middle School, comments: “Julie’s official roles include the preparation of teaching resources, displays and data, but this does not fully describe her contribution to the school. She is the one we all turn to in times of need for her humour and practical common sense. From raising funds for charity to repairing a broken door, she can be found at the heart of every aspect of school life – all to ensure that the pupils thrive in a vibrant, learning environment. Julie is a true professional; respected by all she thoroughly deserves this recognition and has made a very real difference to many lives.”
For further information please visit Hays Education.
Notes to editor
Since 2005 the National Association of School Business Management has awarded over 60 teams of support staff with the recognition they have earned from their school colleagues.
Hays Education is part of Hays plc (the "Group") the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821