The award, which was voted for by personal assistants, secretaries and office managers, pays tribute to employers who know how to look after and develop administration and secretarial personnel. Despite competing against the likes of the Hilton Hotel Group and Rathbones Hays walked away with the top award on the night, recognising the support and guidance staff receive at Hays.
Victoria Darragh, executive assistant to the Group HR Director, accepted the award on behalf of Hays, she commented: “We received the award thanks largely to the network we set up which was specifically designed to offer support to our personal assistants. The Hays PA network provides guidance and advice to our PAs, promoting the profession both internally and externally and providing regular newsletters, updates and training sessions. The ceremony was a fantastic event and we were all so pleased that we won. We’ve worked hard here at Hays to support our PAs, and it’s great to be recognised for this.”
For more information about Hays please visit: www.hays.co.uk
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
– the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
– the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821