The workshop is part of an innovative employment scheme called ‘Step Ahead', which has been developed by the charity with the support of Hays and other business partners such as Gap and TK Maxx. Each partner will offer the attendees real life work experience after Hays has delivered the initial workshop. Hays will also host a post-placement workshop which will cover various topics such as interview best practice.
Julie Waddicor, Managing Director at Hays, says: "It has never been more important to support young people in their quest for employment. Young people need to understand what opportunities there are, what skills they need and how best to market themselves to potential employers. Given the wide spectrum of employers we work with across the UK we are confident that we will be able to make a real difference."
James Thackray, Head of High Value Fundraising for Action for Children, said: "These workshops can make a real and valuable difference to the lives of young people in Sheffield by giving them the skills and confidence to enter the world of work. The workshops would not have been possible without the time, expertise and energy of Hays staff for which we are hugely grateful."
For further information about Hays please visit www.hays.co.uk/.
Hays plc (the "Group") is the leading global specialist recruiting group. It is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. It operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
The Group employs over 6,700 staff operating from 345 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2009:
- the Group had revenues of £2.4 billion, net fees of £670.8 million and operating profit of £158.0 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 300,000 people into temporary assignments;
- the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and United Kingdom.
About Action for Children:
- Action for Children is one of the UK's largest children's charities working with over 156,000 children, young people and their families at around 420 projects across the UK.
- Previously known as NCH, Action for Children is committed to helping the most vulnerable children and young people break through injustice, deprivation and inequality so they can achieve their full potential
- Action for Children recently launched an appeal around child neglect. It aims to raise £17 million over the next three years in order to tackle the problem in the UK.
For further information visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk.
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821