The Hays Oil & Gas Global Salary Guide is based on over 7,000 responses and presents the average salaries of oil and gas professionals working across more than 30 countries and 20 discipline areas. The results prove that oil and gas professionals have remained a valuable commodity despite the global financial crisis. Currently across the UK demand for oil & gas professionals is increasing and in London there is high demand for senior level exploration geophysicists and reservoir engineers.
Eliot Davies, Director at Hays Oil & Gas, explains: "With an average permanent salary in the UK more than double as much as the average UK employee, oil and gas professionals are earning a premium. Although the UK isn't in the top five highest paying countries; Australia, USA, Azerbaijan, Canada and the Netherlands pay their oil & gas professionals the highest sums, it is an attractive option for candidates. Oil and gas is truly a global industry, with professionals migrating around the world in search of the next project, and our survey clearly confirms this. Professionals in the industry are well paid, highly skilled and highly mobile," continues Davies.
"When Hays requested Oil and Gas Job Search's assistance with the survey, it was with a great deal of excitement that we accepted the challenge," said Duncan Freer, Managing Director of Oil and Gas Job Search. Our reach, along with Hays' expertise in compiling such studies, gives us confidence that the guide is an accurate reflection of the industry we work in."
Highlights of survey results:
- Average permanent salary globally is £50,000
- Average contract salary for local professionals globally is £63,000
- Those working within subsea/pipelines are the big winners, earning a global average of £72,000 per annum
Hays plc is the leading global specialist recruitment group. It is market leader in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. As at 31 December 2009, the Group employed 6,644 staff operating from 325 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2009:
- the Group had revenues of £2.4 billion, net fees of £670.8 million and operating profit of £158.0 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 270,000 people into temporary assignments;
- the temporary placement business represented 56% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 44% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further information, please contact:
T. 020 7259 8821