With the start of the new year, Hays, the leading recruiting expert, has marked its ongoing commitment to the city by launching a new flagship office in Bristol this week. Over 70 expert consultants will be based in the office at 55-61 Victoria Street. Hays’ recruiting experts in the city cover 11 disciplines including accountancy and finance, construction and property, human resources and legal.
Our experts have seen a particular increase in demand for roles in manufacturing, retail, financial services and energy in the Bristol area over the last 12 months. The official launch on Thursday 12th January is being marked with an event where the Lord Mayor of Bristol, Councillor Geoff Gollop, will be speaking about pledge to increase employment in the area.
Geoff Sims, Managing Director of Hays in Bristol, comments: “Bristol is an exciting marketplace, but it remains challenging so employers and jobseekers need to be able to access recruitment experts who understand exactly where the opportunities are and have an extensive network of contacts in the city. Having so many consultants under one roof in the heart of Bristol demonstrates our significant and ongoing investment in this area, and will allow us to share best practice in the service we provide to our customers. We look forward to working closely with Bristol’s employers in the year ahead.”
Lord Mayor of Bristol, Councillor Geoff Gollop, comments: "I am delighted to be launching Hays’ flagship office in Bristol. Hays’ commitment to Bristol sends a very strong message about the importance of Bristol's economy to the South West as a whole.”
For more information and job opportunities visit www.hays.co.uk or to make an appointment with the Bristol office call 01179 295 140.
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2011, the Group employed 7,620 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2011:
– the Group reported net fees of £672 million and operating profit** of £114 million;
– the Group placed around 60,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 190,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 31% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 33% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 54% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 46% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the United Kingdom and the USA.
For further press information please contact:
Deepa Bose, Hays
T. 020 7259 8821