The University of Southampton is already one of the top 15 research universities in the UK and has achieved consistently high scores for its teaching and learning activities.
Southampton is one of the leading entrepreneurial universities in the UK
The University is organised into eight Faculties, each housing a number of subject areas.
- Business and Law
- Engineering and Environment
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Physical and Applied Sciences
- Social and Human Sciences
As a University community we will change the world for the better through our research, education, innovation and enterprise.
We are committed to further improve our position as a leading research university of international standing, distinguished by our enterprise. We aspire to be a place of opportunity and inspiration that attracts talented staff and students regardless of their background.
To realise our ambition, we have set ourselves 17 strategic initiatives to complete by 2015. These will transform the University. We are committed to achieve the following:
- A step change in the scale and performance of our research in ways that fully exploit our capabilities and infrastructure
- Transformation in the structure, quality and flexibility of our educational programmes to offer our students a distinctive Southampton educational experience
- Tangible economic impact through our international leadership in enterprise, knowledge transfer and business engagement
- Significant social impact locally and globally through public debate, community outreach and cultural engagement.
We are committed to transforming our curriculum to provide our students with greater choice and opportunities to learn alongside our world-leading academics.
Our aim is to attract the most talented students, irrespective of background, and prepare them to be confident citizens and potential leaders in an increasingly globalised work environment