Exertis Micro-P is one of the leading distributors of IT, communication and home entertainment products in the UK and a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company DCC PLC, Ireland's 6th largest company
After 32 years of profitability Exertis Micro-P continues to outperform the market, quadrupling its business in the last 5 years and achieving revenues in excess of £1Billion in FY2012. This includes the combined make up the Exertis group of companies.
Exertis Micro-P represents over 180 manufacturers in the UK alone spanning more than 22,000 products across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications and AV solutions. World class partner brands include Acer, Dell, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Nokia, Western Digital, SonicWall, Netgear and Plantronics.
Exertis Micro-P’s market-leading approach teamed with a state-of-the-art distribution centre, next day delivery and a host of managed services, including end-user fulfilment, assures the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
Exertis Micro-P’s main sites are in Altham, Basingstoke, Stoke (Mobile), Elland (Consumables), Dublin and Netherlands.
As an Account Executive you will be expected to build and develop a new set of accounts through acquisition with whom you will build close relationships in order to establish Exertis Micro P as the IT industry supplier of choice. Some customers will already trade with Exertis Micro P, some of these accounts will be new to Exertis Micro P. and range from small to medium enterprise business up to multi million pound industry leaders. Think of it as effectively managing your own business which you will develop and grow by understanding their buying needs and matching those to our leading edge products.
You will work in a small team and have the full support of dedicated specialists who will ensure you have support , information on product and offers to maximise your opportunities.
We expect you to be proactive in developing opportunities and building business. In return we offer a structured career path, excellent rewards & incentive packages and a supportive and energetic environment in which to work.
· Manage & develop your own set of accounts ranging from new to established customers
· Work to daily, weekly & monthly targets supported by your team manager
· Take part in daily team meetings & sharing tips & techniques with your colleagues
· Build specific product knowledge in order to add value to customers
· Deal with customer queries while offering advice and guidance to Exertis Micro- P’s customers and suppliers.
· Identify root causes of problems, issues and complaints to achieve a win-win solution.
· Identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business.
· Undertake research of marketplace & your customers to enhance & grow your account set.
· Take part in promotions and competitions to build company sales
To succeed and enjoy this role you'll need:
· Self confidence to build relationships with IT resellers & get the sale, to advise customers on the best IT products for their business, to own & work to a target & to take ownership when a problem arises.
· A clear and confident communicator
· An entrepreneurial spirit backed by the confidence that Exertis Micro-P is an established name in the marketplace with products that are competitively priced & feature the latest technology.
· Willingness to learn from colleagues & develop your sales career.
· To be comfortable working with technology as well as selling it.
· Self motivated & resilient with a positive outlook always willing to rise to the challenge.
·You will work to clear targets which on achievement will earn you commission. After training you will receive active account sets from which you can grow your earnings on an uncapped commission basis. We hold regular sales competitions and incentives and offer special rates for staff purchases. You will be expected to work between 9 a.m. & 6 p.m. Monday to Friday and receive 23 days holiday per annum + bank holidays. We operate a childcare voucher scheme.
·Our policy is to promote within where possible and for the very best people they can expect to be given the opportunity to undertake sales management roles or specialist roles which focus on developing sales for particular product ranges such as ‘printer’ or ‘visual’’. Most of our senior management team have progressed within Exertis Micro-P over its 20 year history. We offer full training and ongoing support to ensure that you can deliver the best performance for yourself & Exertis Micro-P
For more information and to apply please visit www.exertiscareers.co.uk