Sales Account Executive – Basingstoke
Salary £16-£20k plus uncapped commission (depending upon experience)
Micro-P is one of the leading B2B and retail distributors in the UK and a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company DCC PLC, Ireland's 6th largest company
After 32 years of profitability Micro-P continues to outperform the market, doubling its business in the last 5 years and achieving revenues in excess of £1Billion in FY2012. This includes Advent Data, a consumables distributor, Shartptext in Ireland and Go Connect in Benelux, which combined make up the Micro-P group of companies.
Recent accolades include: Mobile News Distributor of the year 2013, PC Retail Distributor of the year 2013, PC Retail Consumer Electronics Distributor of the Year 2013, CRN’s Visual & Print Distributor of the year 2012, Dell Print Distributor of the Year 2012 and The Mobile Industry Awards 2012, are testament to its on-going commitment to service and excellence.
Micro-P represents over 180 manufacturers in the UK alone spanning more than 22,000 products across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications and AV solutions. World class partner brands include Acer, Dell, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Nokia, Western Digital, SonicWall, Netgear and Plantronics.
Micro-P's market-leading approach teamed with a state-of-the-art distribution centre, next day delivery and a host of managed services, including end-user fulfilment, assures the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
Micro-P's main sites are in Accrington, Basingstoke, Stoke (Mobile & Security), Elland (Advent Data), Dublin (Sharptext) and Holland (Go Connect)
As an Account Executive you will be given your own set of customers with whom you will build close relationships in order to establish Micro P as the IT industry supplier of choice. Some customers will already trade with Micro P, some of these accounts will be new to Micro P. and range from small to medium enterprise business up to multi million pound industry leaders. Think of it as effectively managing your own business which you will develop and grow by understanding their buying needs and matching those to our leading edge products.
You will work in a team and have the full support of dedicated specialists who will ensure you have support , information on product and offers to maximise your sales opportunities.
We expect you to be proactive in developing opportunities and building business. In return we offer a structured career path, excellent rewards & incentive packages and a supportive and energetic environment in which to work.
· Manage & develop your own set of accounts ranging from new to established customers
· Work to daily, weekly & monthly targets supported by your team manager
· Take part in daily team meetings & sharing tips & techniques with your colleagues
· Build specific product knowledge and understand the market in order to add value to customers
· Deal with customer queries while offering advice and guidance to Micro- P’s customers and suppliers.
· Identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business.
· Undertake research of marketplace & your customers to enhance & grow your account set.
· Take part in promotions and competitions to build company sales
To succeed and enjoy this role you'll need:
· Self confidence to build relationships with IT resellers & get the sale, to advise customers on the best IT products for their business, to own & work to a target & to take ownership when a problem arises
· Ideally IT sales experience
· To be a clear and confident communicator
· An entrepreneurial spirit backed by the confidence that Micro-P is an established name in the marketplace with products that are competitively priced & feature the latest technology.
· Willingness to learn from colleagues & develop your sales career.
· To be comfortable working with technology as well as selling it.
· Self motivated, consistent, reliable and resilient with a positive outlook always willing to rise to the challenge with a great desire to succeed
Before sending your CV you should ask yourself:
Am I driven & confident enough to manage my own B2B account base?
Can I work to targets in a team environment?
Do I want a career rather than just a job?
You will work to clear targets which on achievement will earn you commission on a stepped basis dependant on percentage v target. After training you will have the opportunity to development your own account set from which you can grow your earnings on an uncapped commission basis. We hold regular sales competitions and incentives and offer special rates for staff purchases.
Competitive salary plus uncapped commission (example of first years minimum earnings £3-£5k second year £5-£7k per annum in addition to your basic, although potential to earn more for more exceptional candidates
Generous monthly/annual incentives
23 days per annum, increasing to 27 upon length of service + bank holidays
Strong career path with a ‘promote from within’ ethos
Child Care Voucher facility
Staff Purchase at cost
Health care plan covering dental optical etc
Loyalty and commitment awards
Salary Sacrifice schemes for mobile phones
Cycle to Work Scheme
Recruitment ‘Finders fee’ bonus
Our policy is to promote within where possible and for the very best people they can expect to be given the opportunity to undertake sales management roles or specialist roles which focus on developing sales for particular product ranges such as ‘Print’ or ‘Visual’’. Most of our senior management team have progressed within Micro-P over its 30 year history. We offer full training and ongoing support to ensure that you can deliver the best performance for yourself & Micro-P
For more information and to apply please visit www.hays.co.uk/jobs/microp
No Agencies Please