We can help you to find your first teaching position, whilst making the process as simple and easy as possible.
Right now many of our partner schools are looking to recruit newly qualified teachers across a whole range of subjects and key stages, so we can offer you access to permanent or temporary vacancies you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Whether you want to start your career in a primary, secondary, academy, early years or SEN setting, we will put you in the best position to find the right position. This means not only understanding your needs, but also how to make the most of your skills and potential.
You’ll also benefit from:
- Competitive salaries
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Enhanced training and developmentopportunities
- Fast-track career progression
It all adds up
Here are three good reasons why we can get your teaching career off to the best possible start:
- We’ll support you every step of the way
- We’ll give you the confidence to breeze through interviews
- We’ll offer you plenty of future job opportunities with the flexibility to take your career to the next level
What’s more, we are currently working on an exclusive basis with a wide range of primary and secondary schools and academies nationwide, supporting their search for the very best teaching staff.
Around the clock support
We’ll offer you a personal telephone consultation, followed by a face-to-face meeting. This helps us get a clear picture of what exactly you’re looking for and how you plan to kick start your career.
From here we’ll keep in close contact with you, giving you plenty of advice and support. This includes guidance on creating a great CV and covering letter, support on application form completion, applying for jobs, delivering a winning interview and help on your first day in the job.
We also offer you:
- A dedicated consultant who will be your single point of contact and guide you through the application process
- Career counselling and guidance – we assist you with personal statement writing and interview preparation
- Personal account – create your own account on our new hays.co.uk website and be the first to hear about the latest opportunities with our job alert tool
- Referral scheme – if you recommend a friend to us and we go on to place them, we’ll reward you with £100 bonus*
Breeze through interviews
Stepping out into the unknown can be a scary thing, but working with Hays gives you access to all the support you need.
Because we work exclusively with partnership schools, we can give you real insight into the culture and expectations of each school, which will help you to decide which schools match your needs and whether the environment is right for you, and we will help you with the applications.
Then when you get that first crucial interview, we’ll give you a range of tips on interview techniques and preparing for questions. So you'll feel prepared and confident , with the self-assurance that comes with knowing what to expect.
Tons of future options
Once in your new job, you’ll want to learn and develop all you can. And at some stage you might want to move on to grow in a new environment or see what your future options bring you.
We can help you find your next role and give you clear advice about the next best step to make. Perhaps you’d like to take your skills abroad, to live and work in a different culture? Or if you’d prefer to stay in the UK, how about a job in a completely different part of the country? Maybe you want to quickly climb the career ladder or take on some more challenging roles?
With 36 offices across the UK and a strong international network we can help find your ideal job, either locally, further away or overseas.
Search teaching jobs or contact your local office today.
*Terms and conditions apply