Overview of modules
The course offers 4 modules each one designed to help you with a different element of safer recruitment and your responsibilities when recruiting staff to your school or setting
- Legislation - This covers an overview of the DfE safer recruitment legislation with information surrounding safeguarding children and child protection. Covering your roles and responsibilities handling, managing, recording and concluding allegations of abuse made against staff
- Recruitment and Selection - Covering the safer recruitment best practice procedures including advertising, person specifications, information / application packs, shortlisting, interviewing and pre-appointment checks - Providing valuable information on how to deter and identify applicants who are unsuitable to work within your institution and / or with children.
- Vetting and Documentation - Including vital information of the documentation required by DfE pre-employment vetting. Covering references, proof of identity, right to work, qualifications and health.
- Child Protection Checks - This details the statuary guidance of all child protection checks and the background behind them, when to conduct the checks and whom for, including Children’s Barred List, Disclosure Barring Service, convictions and restrictions and record keeping
- A 12 month license ensuring that your staff receive the required guidance and training, no matter what time of year they join your school
- Suitable for everyone involved in the recruitment process within your school
- Four interactive e-learning modules – suitable training methodology as recommended by the Working Together guidance
- Regular updates to cover the changing guidance and ensure that all training adheres to current and relevant legislation in accordance with Keeping children safe in education guidance, April 2014
- A final assessment with certification on completion for those with a pass rate of 80%+
- Unlimited access to resources for user throughout license to refer to
- Management information on each candidate that has completed the training, in order to meet Ofsted requirements
- An induction guide and ongoing support on use of the software and any technical issues
- Personalised certificates with school logo and details
- E-learners can make, save and print additional notes they make throughout the training