We are seeing an increasing number of vacancies for both temporary and permanent positions across the UK, as organisations understand the value HR generalists bring in helping to drive their business forward. Retail, manufacturing, financial services and not-for-profit sectors are all now hiring in higher numbers.
- As reward strategies become more closely aligned to business goals, this function’s core competencies are changing.
- Many organisations now have a renewed focus on learning and development, seeing it as a compelling element of their employer value propositions.
- Recruitment system experience and analytical skills are always in demand, and whilst less common, recruitment project experience is also experiencing significant growth.
- With increasing confidence in the private sector, the challenge is to attract and retain talented people in the public sector.
- Those with change management, organisational development and employee relations are in high demand, particularly on an interim and contract basis.