The permanent recruitment services we offer range from headhunting through to a full service where we look after every stage of your campaign.
Our proactive approach will attract a high quality field of candidates for your role and the level of detailed information we provide allows for more informed decision making.
We apply a robust recruitment process to all your leadership vacancies that can be tailored to suit the unique requirements of each role.
Stage 1 – Scoping
- Developing a deep understanding of the vision, ethos, strengths and unique selling points of your school by meeting and surveying key stakeholders, as agreed with the governing body, including SLT, sponsors, governors, teachers, students and others
- Establishing a profile of your preferred leader including preparation of the job description and person specification
- Designing an advertisement and microsite when needed • Preparing all marketing including the application pack, online information and advertising, identifying key selling points of the role and your school
Stage 2 – Search and applicant management
- Researching the market to identify candidates who have experiences and achievements relevant to the schools context. We will approach these candidates, generating applications and adding additional quality to the advertising response. Our research will be informed by our initial scoping
- Using the extensive contacts within our national education networks to identify and then proactively approach top quality candidates. We will identify these people through:
- Advertising on hays.co.uk and tes.co.uk • Handling all responses of your advertising campaign, providing candidates with comprehensive information, and proactively managing the response to maximise the number of applications
- Conducting competency-based interviews with candidates, complementing their application and investigating their impact to date, enabling the appointment panel to make more informed decisions
- Providing you with comprehensive long list information on candidates, including application form, letter of application, competency-based interview profile and relevant internet research
- an existing database of potential candidates established through previous recruitment campaigns
- attracting and retaining loyal leadership candidates from our one-to-one consultations with aspiring heads and deputies
Stage 3 – Assessment and appointment
- Designing the structure and content of the assessment days • Training your governors to help them get the most out of assessment activities
- Managing the logistics of your assessment days, providing documentation and support for both candidates and your appointment panel
- Completing all vetting procedures in accordance with ‘DfE Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment in Education’ guidelines
- Debriefing all candidates giving detailed, constructive feedback
- Advising you on final salary negotiation