These exam invigilator jobs are fantastic for people looking for part-time and flexible work to fit around other commitments, and ideal for students wanting school experience.
This job would be suited to graduates or students wishing to fit work around their own examinations, supply teachers, NQTs, Teaching Assistants or others with experience of working in a school environment or position of responsibility.
The role of an invigilator:
- Ensuring that candidates enter the Examination Hall in an appropriate manner;
- Ensuring that candidates are seated according to the seating plan;
- Ensuring that candidates are issued with the correct examination paper;
- Ensuring the correct identification of candidates;
- Dealing with candidates not on the candidate list and with latecomers;
- Ensuring that candidates conform to the Examination hall requirements in terms of behaviour, mobile phones etc;
- Opening and distributing papers and other authorised materials to candidates;
- Notifying the start and finishing times of examinations;
- Ensuring exams are carried out according to the Exams Code of Conduct;
- Actively invigilating throughout the examination to ensure no cheating occurs;
- We are currently looking for candidates who are interested in working as Exam Invigilators during the summer exams: May-July.
We are interested in registering people who can demonstrate;
- Use of initiative and strong communication skills
- Degree or equivalent educated
Exam invigilators will be paid between £6.50 - £8 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. (Minimum of 3 hours will be paid even if the exams finish earlier)
All shortlisted candidates will need to provide the following details:
- 2 references ideally a student reference and ex employer
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- 2 Proofs of a UK address