Skills in demand
We have noticed the following trends in demand for HR skills:
- Candidates with change management and redundancy consultation process experience are especially sought after in the public sector
- The service sector is particularly interested in more operational and hands-on advisors, managers and business partners
- Financial services organisations in the South West remain relatively cautious in their permanent recruitment plans. However, there has been an increase in the number of temporary HR, ER and recruitment vacancies since the beginning of the year
- TUPE experience remains important across the region and is requested repeatedly from clients who need expert knowledge to be brought into their businesses
- In terms of specialist HR expertise, organisations are keen to hear about organisational development and reward professionals with relevant industry experience
Salaries have remained steady throughout 2010 and this trend appears to be continuing in 2011. However, due to the attractive lifestyle benefits that the South West region offers, highly experienced HR professionals continue to relocate to the area in search of roles that offer an increased flexibility outside of the City.
As market confidence grows, we anticipate that UK employers will follow the global trend of employing learning and development and organisational development expertise, as they recognise the need to focus on developing staff in order to retain their top talent.
Market confidence should also lead to an increase in internal resourcing roles - particularly within bigger employers who will once again begin to recruit in larger numbers.
For more information on the HR recruitment market in the South West, please contact your local office or view the latest HR vacancies.
Bristol: 0117 922 0859
Swindon: 01793 486 055